We often get asked about where to find a stonemason and how to insure a headstone.  Here is some advice from Birmingham City Council:

The best place to obtain memorial insurance is directly from the Memorial Masons and you can find list of Stonemasons who have worked in Brandwood EndCemetery.  It may be worth getting ringing around the level of cover offered will vary.

Birmingham City Council do advise that families do insure their memorials as they cannot take responsibility for any damage that may occur.

Historically there is little vandalism or graffiti relating to memorials but there have been the odd occasion when a tree has fell and caused damage to memorials.

Please note that Birmingham City Council is unable to recommend a stonemason.

The list is not in any order of preference nor is it a complete list of stonemasons.

This list has been compiled by Brandwood End Cemetery.



  1. Mr D Davis says:

    What if the damage is caused by the council looking the cemetery, I noticed today a chunk of marble missing from the base of a large urn on my father’s grave, it had blatantly been done by a tipple grass cutter getting too close rather than a strimmer being used.
    The grave is relatively new and the stonework was very expensive.
    Will Birmingham council cover the repair cost. Personally I think they should.

Comments are closed.