Our newly introduced Hedgehogs have had waitress service daily , but now they are on their own. I doubt any of you will see one of them as they only emerge at night. If you do spot one, let us or Array4hogs know.
Final reminder for Sunday 3rd December LITTER PICK. 10AM-11.30AM.Meet at the Lodge. We have the bags and pickers, just need the manpower. Wrap up warm, Christmas hats welcomed, and suitable stout footwear. Last litter pick of 2023.
Please see the information below with regards to the Birmingham Bereavement and Wellbeing Service. It is a long article but may be of interest to those who gave recently been bereaved.
The Birmingham Bereavement & Wellbeing service is a FREE Service for Birmingham Citizens who have been Bereaved recently or experienced a bereavement in the past who are struggling with their loss. Please see below for further information about the service:
Birmingham Bereavement & Wellbeing service:
The Birmingham Bereavement & wellbeing service is to support citizens of Birmingham with being able to cope with the loss of their loved one and their Grief.
Who is the service for:
- Citizens aged 18+ only
- Birmingham Citizens Only
- Citizens who have Recently became bereaved or have experienced a bereavement of a loved one (Child, friend, Neighbour, family member)
Type of support offered:
- We have specialist Bereavement & Wellbeing officers who will speak with you to identify your support needs and offer a listening ear.
- Confidential One-to-one support
- Offer information, Advice & Guidance
- Wellbeing support
- Offer range of bespoke services to support the bereaved citizens for a 12 Week period.
- Provide practical support Via the Telephone, Zoom, WhatsApp or Video calls.
- Supporting to reduce the likelihood of the Citizen becoming socially isolated following the loss of their loved one.
- Referrals and Signposting to other specialised services within Birmingham
The living Memory Project:
- Living Memory is inviting participants who either care for or have cared for someone who is near their end of life or has passed away. Participants will have the opportunity to record either their own life story or that of their loved one alongside a set of their selected photographs, videos & Audio recordings. Each story will be published as a small professionally printed booklet that will be theirs to keep.
How Can a Citizens access the service:
- Referral from partner organisations or Professionals (e.g. Cruse, Hospices, G.PS, Community Cantres)
- You can refer into the service by accessing the Sandwell Crossroads website https://www.crossroads-caringforcarers.org/bereavement-and-wellbeing-service/
- you can either fill out the PDF referral form and send this to BBWS@communitiesinsync.info , fill out the online enquiry form or call us on 0121 809 5902 and one of our Bereavement & Wellbeing officers will help you.
We currently have No waiting list and can support individuals within their native languages if requested. I have also attached the leaflets and referrals for you to look at and share among clients, colleagues or someone you may know who will benefit from our service & support. if you would like to meet to Gain further information or potentially create a referral pathway to give Birmingham Citizens the best available support please let me know as we would like to meet with you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon
Tel: 0777 4077 588 / 0121 8095 902
Supporting Citizens through loss and Bereavement
The new flood drains adjacent to Sunderton Road did their job well in the recent downpours but a possible problem was spotted. The rewilded area to the rear of the drains needed cutting back and leaves removing. Step forward the Friends. This morning they cleared the leaves and brambles, carefully avoiding any wildlife habitat that had been created. Well done to all.